Great that you decided to participate!
These 7 steps are spread out over 12 weeks:
Step 1: ‘Understanding relationship patterns.’
Declare war on the invisible causes of stress, pain and fighting in your relationship. This step shows that your love connection has been swamped by negative patterns and misunderstandings. (Week 1 & 2)
Step 2: ‘Understanding your needs’
Get a better understanding of what’s going on inside you, which in turn will help your partner to better understand and support you. Increase your awareness of your own needs. Discover the particular way that you give and receive love. (Week 3 & 4)
Step 3: ‘Pain in relationships’
In every relationship, partners unintentionally hurt each other. Until we learn how to properly make contact with them, we will be continually ‘triggering’ a pain point in the other person. We’ll show you how to stop doing this to each other. (Week 5)
Step 4: ‘Acceptance’
Learn to feel that you can influence any situation in which you find yourself, by accepting what you cannot change. (Week 6)
Step 5: ‘Addressing negative patterns’
Address the negative patterns that undermine your relationship and learn to stay connected by communicating better. Dare to be vulnerable and strengthen your love and connection! (Week 7 & 8)
Step 6: ‘Reconnecting’
Find a new balance in ‘giving’ and ‘taking.’ Lay a firm foundation for the further growth of your relationship. (Week 9, 10 & 11)
Step 7: ‘Investing in and enjoy your relationship.’
This step will help you rediscover each other and teach you how to easily have fun together and enjoy each other’s attention and intimacy. (Week 12)
Good to know:
- Almost every lesson contains a video (on YouTube). Want to watch the video without sound? Click on the ‘CC’ icon (subtitles) and turn off the volume.
- You will usually find one or more assignments. You can find these at ‘Do‘.
- You will need a notebook to write down your personal answers. This way they remain safe and private.
- Spending 20 minutes to 1 hour a week on the program (faster is possible)
- Spreading the lessons across the week if necessary.
- Choosing a fixed time/day.
- Doing all the exercises. Even if they feel uncomfortable.
- Accepting that it doesn’t have to be perfect.
Together or alone?
You can start the program by yourself. When you follow this program together with your partner, please note; You do not have to complete the assignments at the same time. You can also do them separately at different times.
Do: Download the Reader (pdf)
Save on your phone or hard drive and
- Download the Reader (pdf) and read the ‘Contract with yourself.pdf‘
- See if you can answer ‘Yes’ to all points
- If there’s a ‘No’, or if you’re not sure, do not continue with the program. Instead, send us an email and we can sort it out together.
Fill out the Relationship Scan
The purpose of the Relationship Scan is to monitor how you feel in your relationship at the beginning, in the middle and at the end of this program. This scan is meant to fill in separately. You do not have to discuss this with your partner at this time.
Do: Take the Relationship Scan (Reader, page 3) and write answers down
Take a look at the Relationship Scan (Reader, page 3) and write down the answers on your print-out. We will be asking you twice more to answer these questions, halfway through the program and again at the end.
That was the Kick-off!